>            You can also use iptables-restore < /etc/sysconfig/iptables to
> load any changes you've made to the iptables file.  It will
> complain if you have a syntax error.

Little trick I also learned - set yourself up a cron job that will reset
the firewall rules every hour, even if it resets them to wide open. This
way when you lock yourself out, you only have to wait until the top of the
hour for the cron to kick off before the rules are reset and you can get
back in.
Enjoy!