Thanks Eric,

Will try to check and configure with AD DNS and update you by
tomorrow.

Regards,

Amit

At Wednesday, 23-06-2010 on 22:07 Eric Shubert wrote:

Amit Dalia wrote:

> There ERP software needs only few things like incoming server,
> outgoing server, sender id and receiver id. Now here sender id and
> receiver id are from local domain of QMT. But getting error "421
> Refused. Your reverse DNS entry does not resolve" in their ERP
> software.

I'm not getting a clear picture of what the ERP software is doing. I
don't know why it cares whether or not there's an rDNS entry, unless
it's receiving mail itself.

None the less, this appears to be a problem with name resolution.
Once
again, I think you'll need to configure AD's name resolution to
satisfy
this. I presume AD handles rDNS as well.

> >> 3) I want to disable RDNS check for local ips. How to do this
> and any
> >> harm in doing this?
>
> Do you use spamdyke? If not, install it. That will solve this
problem.
> Alternatively, you can configure local clients to use port 587.
>
> Yes, I'm using Spamdyke. There is no option for port else I
planning
> to change smtp port to 587.

Changing to port 587 won't help this.

Apparently you have some local clients that aren't authenticating,
otherwise spamdyke would allow them to send.

You can allow unauthenticated senders by whitelisting the local IPs
that
do not authenticate, although this is generally a bad practice. You
should make every effort possible to configure all clients to
authenticate before resorting to whitelisting IPs. Also, whitelisting

IPs in spamdyke will only allow unauthenticated senders to send to
local
domains. If you need to allow unauthenticated senders to send to
external domains (a very bad practice), you'll need to add an entry
in
your tcp.smtp file as well.

Vickers Consulting Group offers Qmailtoaster support and
installations.