Noel Rivera (Border Less) wrote:
Hello List In a few days I have this error in my qmail server, any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help

@400000004c97b94f1d8935ec qmail-smtpd: qq soft reject (mail server temporarily rejected message (#4.3.0)): MAILFROM:

Now that I understand a little about your situation, back to the original problem.

Going on the presumption that this is happening due to heavy/over loads, let's do a little tuning.

The biggest thing you can do to reduce the load on a QMT host is to use spamdyke, but I see you've already installed that. Please post your spamdyke.conf file so we can have a look at it. Also, if it's been a while since you installed spamdyke, you might want to run qtp-install-spamdyke again to be sure you have the latest version, and that the qtp-prune-graylist script is being run.

Let's look at max smtp sessions. When you're seeing the soft reject message(s), how many smtp sessions are active (status line)? Does it ever max out at 100? What's the highest number you've seen? How many are typically active on average?

You have plenty of ram, so increasing the number of spamd processes will probably help. Try changing your /var/qmail/supervise/spamd/run file as such:
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/spamd -x -u vpopmail -s stderr \
      --max-children=20 \
      --min-children=5 \
      2>&1
Then run 'qmail-spam restart' to restart the spamd daemons.

We'll see what that does to help, and go from there.