On 10/11/2010 05:53 PM, Michael King wrote:
Eric
Eureka!!!
By changing the value in the .qmail-default file from
    | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
    | /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' delete
The problem was solved.
It looks like the chkuser logic will only allow ezmlm messages through if messages are to be deleted. My guess is that the qmail logic doesn't properly handle the extensions and since its told to bounce invalid users it does so during the initial handshake. Removing the bounce-no-mailbox means the system will let it through and vpopmail has to sort it out. Probably an error in the chkuser code in that it doesn't check -xxx extensions properly. Again thanks -- you are lifesaver. Now off to load all the old postings and email addresses.

This needs some more investigation - it does indeed work with bounce-no-mailbox. It's what this mailing list's server uses :)