On 03/15/2011 02:02 PM, Scott Hughes wrote:
Spamassassin local.cf:

# These values can be overridden by editing ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs.cf
# (see spamassassin(1) for details)
# These should be safe assumptions and allow for simple visual sifting
# without risking lost emails.

ok_locales all
skip_rbl_checks 1

required_score 3.5
report_safe 0
rewrite_header Subject ***SPAM***

use_pyzor 1

use_auto_whitelist 1

use_bayes 1
use_bayes_rules 1
bayes_auto_learn 1

# add score to softfail SPF
header spf_softfail Received-SPF =~ /\bsoftfail\b/
score spf_softfail 1.0

# add score to fail SPF
header spf_fail Received-SPF =~ /\bfail\b/
score spf_fail 2.0

use_pyzor 1
pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin

use_razor2 1
razor_config /etc/mail/spamassassin/.razor/razor-agent.conf

whitelist_from *@ford.com
whitelist_from *@gm.com
whitelist_from *@toyota.com
whitelist_from *@renshawauto.com
whitelist_from *@ncm20.com
whitelist_from *@rawlingscompany.com
whitelist_from *@cinergycom.net
whitelist_from *@norlight.com
whitelist_from *@qmailtoaster.com
whitelist_from dealerserv...@gmail.com
whitelist_from *@trafficbuildersusa.com
whitelist_from *@clickmotive.com
whitelist_from *@christian.kyschools.us
whitelist_from *@reyrey.com
whitelist_from *@toyotatmc.com
whitelist_from *@jsmc.org

spamdyke.conf

#dns-blacklist-entry=zombie.dnsbl.sorbs.net
#dns-blacklist-entry=dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
#dns-blacklist-entry=bogons.cymru.com
dns-blacklist-entry=cbl.abuseat.org
dns-blacklist-entry=b.barracudacentral.org
dns-blacklist-entry=bl.spamcop.net
dns-blacklist-entry=combined.njabl.org
dns-blacklist-entry=dnsbl.sorbs.net
dns-blacklist-entry=zen.spamhaus.org
graylist-dir=/var/spamdyke/graylist
graylist-level=always
graylist-max-secs=2678400
graylist-min-secs=180
greeting-delay-secs=5
idle-timeout-secs=60
ip-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_ip
ip-in-rdns-keyword-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_keywords
ip-in-rdns-keyword-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_keywords
ip-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_ip
local-domains-file=/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts
log-level=info
log-target=stderr
max-recipients=50
#policy-url=http://my.policy.explanation.url/
rdns-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_rdns
rdns-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_rdns
recipient-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_recipients
recipient-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_recipients
reject-empty-rdns
reject-ip-in-cc-rdns
reject-missing-sender-mx
reject-unresolvable-rdns
sender-blacklist-file=/etc/spamdyke/blacklist_senders
sender-whitelist-file=/etc/spamdyke/whitelist_senders
tls-certificate-file=/var/qmail/control/servercert.pem

Eric - To the best of my knowledge I am using sa-learn.  I will post the
example email headers in another email.

Thanks,
Scott

You probably have a few more "dns-blacklist-entry" entries than you need. I'm guessing that a few of them are overkill, but it's a little hard to tell given that the spamdyke log messages don't say which blacklist a sender matched. (Sam, are you here?) I know that's on his todo list (and I just posted a message to the spamdyke list asking again for this feature).

I personally use (simply):
dns-blacklist-entry=zen.spamhaus.org
dns-blacklist-entry=bl.spamcop.net
Reducing your number of blacklists won't trap more spam, but it will improve your server's efficiency, reduce the chance of a false positive, and probably not effect the number of spams you catch significantly, if at all.

I'll comment about spamdyke in the next post with the headers.