I'm virus/spam filtering the mails already on the backup-servers (e.g.
10.0.0.2), so I have set a special tcp rule on my main mail server:

10.0.0.2:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",SPFBEHAVIOR="0"

This rule disables all kind of virus/spam and SPF chekcing whenever the mails
come from my backup-server. In case the backup mx does not filter, all filters
except SPF checks should of course be enabled.