I haven't installed spamdyke on the new box yet, however we do run it on the gateway servers...here is a simple diagram of how we got things going:

              Internet

--------------------
       |                    |
Gateway1        Gateway2
       |                    |
    SA1                SA2
 POP | Q2        POP | Q2
       v1                  v1

Gateway2 basically takes the mail if Gateway1 is down for some reason. I'm pretty sure that Gateway1 & 2 are both running spamdyke -I'll have to double check. Then they hit the SpamAssassin servers, then are routed to the appropriate mail server. POP is the Solaris box running old school Qmail. Q2 is the Qmailtoaster box we put up a year or two ago. v1 is a Virtualmin box that is hosting several sites and running Postfix and Dovecot. The server I'm setting up at the moment will be replacing POP.

I did some fiddling with mailgraph last night, trying to get it to read qmail's logs, but didn't make any headway. It think its a moot point. It seemed like a good idea to set it up at the time, but you're right...its reporting abilities are limited so its probably not worth fussing with.

What would be really neat is if the qmailmrtg-toaster was able to take usage stats per domain and graph them. I think that's where the rrdtool would come in handy.

Casey

Smile Global Technical Support
Submit or check trouble tickets http://billing.smileglobal.com
www.smileglobal.com <http://www.smileglobal.com>