On 10/02/2011 05:03 PM, Casey wrote:
I'm wondering if having the gateways & the sa boxes separate is
really just overkill - and if they should just be merged into one box.
So ultimately there would be 2 gateways that ran spamdyke and
spamassassin. What do you think?

I think you wonder wisely. If scanning (SA and clamav) were to cause the host to be overloaded (doubtful with spamdyke, but possible I suppose with hundreds of domains and thousands of users), a better (IMHO) way to distribute the load would be to set up a SA daemon on a separate host, instead of passing the messages through a whole smtp process again.

So, what else is out there to monitor spamdyke stats? One of our
customers wanted to get usage stats for their domain, which is for the
most part provided by qmailmrtg, but I'm wondering how would to expand
its capabilities and provide some of the customers with usage statistics.

Search the spamdyke list. There have been a few scripts floating around. I don't seem to recall any of them being broken out by domain though. This would only be useful for ISP types of users, and not really important for users hosting their own domain.

It be nice to see a couple ISPs that use QMT get together to sponsor development of such stats. Any takers?