Sometimes you guys make me crazy.

This version of qmail-toaster fixes the problems we've had in the past with special characters in email addresses. If you upgrade to this version, you should be fine with leaving chkuser enabled.

At some point in the future we may set up separate tcp.smtp file for submissions which will have chkuser disabled, which I believe is what Tonino (the chkuser author) recently recommended in another thread. IOW, use chkuser for inbound messages, but not submissions.

While it would be nice if spamdyke were to disable spamdyke for authenticated users, this is technically not possible (environment variables cannot be changed once a process has started).