Errata corrige!

Il 05/03/2012 19:18, Tonix (Antonio Nati) ha scritto:
Il 05/03/2012 19:03, Eric Shubert ha scritto:
Sometimes you guys make me crazy.

This version of qmail-toaster fixes the problems we've had in the past with special characters in email addresses. If you upgrade to this version, you should be fine with leaving chkuser enabled.

At some point in the future we may set up separate tcp.smtp file for submissions which will have chkuser disabled, which I believe is what Tonino (the chkuser author) recently recommended in another thread. IOW, use chkuser for inbound messages, but not submissions.

I confirm, but not for chkuser problems.
SMTP is a server protocol, and some email clients do no manage correctly errors due to not existing recipients or other errors in acceptance phase, so it is better to accept always those messages, and send back later error messages. In this way some clients, which actually stop any sending if one recipients does not exist, will send all messages with no problems, and will receive a message back for any error.

While it would be nice if spamdyke were to disable spamdyke for authenticated users, this is technically not possible (environment variables cannot be changed once a process has started).

Every possible feature has been implemented as patch or pipe to qmail, *now* it is time to improve directly qmail.

Regards,

Tonino

        Inter@zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      to...@interazioni.it