On Monday 19 March 2012 11:59 AM, Pak Ogah wrote:
On 03/02/12 21:33, Bharath Chari wrote:
On Friday 02 March 2012 04:14 PM, Pak Ogah wrote:
On 02/10/12 19:34, Bharath Chari wrote:
On Friday 10 February 2012 11:35 AM, patr...@aofh.us wrote:

4) Exit the mysql shell. On creating a new ID in the domain example.com, you should get the ID and creation date/time in the table log_example_com.
Just tried it, works perfectly!

Good to know!

Now for a more complete version which logs creation and deletion date. It's not as simple as writing a trigger for delete, because a single user id can be created/deleted any number of times and we wouldn't know which record to update. Since this is kind of an auditing table, we would like to track each instance of creation/deletion.

So, there are a few modifications to be made to the domain table in the vpopmail database.

Note: I have just tried it on a production server and it worked without any problem for me, but please make a backup of the table first or try it on a dummy domain.

Assumption: Domain to be monitored is example.com and the domain table is example_com.

Halo Bharath,
My colleague, confirm your steps is working as our expectation.
now I am going to add this to wiki but my question is:
- does these steps already in new vpopmail that currently in development? vpopmail-toaster-5.4.33-1.4.0.src.rpm - added flag --enable-many-domains and removed clear text password. This is the first package that needs to be installed.

Hi Pak,

The triggers I gave you are for use with the CURRENT version of vpopmail with --disable-many-domains option. I will rework one for the new version of vpopmail toaster which we will be releasing with 1.4.0. It will be easier to do it that version, since all domains will be in one table.

I have not incorporated the trigger within the vpopmail source, because I would like to make it optional, and it's not part of the core functionality. Maybe I can create a shell script for those who want to audit the creation/deletion times/dates.

I'll post the solution as soon as I write it.

If you are planning to update the wiki with the current steps, please _ensure that you mention that it will work only for vpopmail-5.4.17 version of the toaster.

Bharath

Bharath

Hello Bharath,
I have created wiki for Account Creation and Deletion Date based on your steps.
Please check it here:
http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Account_Creation_and_Deletion_Date

and edit it if you like.

Thanks Pak,

The wiki entry is fine. Strangely, I was just working on a script to do that for all domains when I got your mail :). I'll post that to the devel list for testing later today.

Bharath