On 02/12/2012 10:52 PM, Bharath Chari wrote:
On Saturday 11 February 2012 03:51 PM, Pak Ogah wrote:
On 02/10/12 23:23, Bharath Chari wrote:

Thanks. Not really proficient - more of a cut/paste/hack artist :).
However, I do think that there are some fundamental changes that are
required in the table structures. While I will make these suggestions
on the inter7 list, I think some of these changes can be incorporated
into QmailToaster, maybe via a qtp script.??? Let me see if I can
script some of these changes/tweaks.

Bharath

Yup, it would be nice to have this feature built-in on vpopmail

Eric, Pak et al,

I have been going through the vpopmail sources. At the risk of sounding
flippant, changing the database structures is quite easy. This is the
progress I have made so far with my patched version of vpopmail-toaster

/home/vpopmail/bin/vadddomain example.com password

a) Table for domain example.com gets created as example_com with the
following changes:
uid field is added as the first column - auto increment
pw_name field is changed from PRIMARY KEY to UNIQUE

Verified that the postmaster user is added as expected with a uid of 1.

b) Audit log table for example.com domain is created as example_com_log
with the fields uid,pw_name,creation_date,deletion_date

c) /home/vpopmail/bin/vdeldomain example.com deletes both tables created
above

I should have a fully working vpopmail-toaster with logging in the next
couple of days for testing. I don't know if these changes would ever be
accepted into the core vpopmail distribution, but it could be a QMT
specific patch if the group agrees.

Bharath

I don't have a problem with your changes so long as they can be included as a patch file. I have a few questions though.

.) which version are you using? There is a 5.4.33 version at http://qmailtoaster.com/testing/, and I'd like to have any changes put in that or a subsequent version. We're presently a good bit behind the upstream release, and we should get caught up before doing any patching.

.) we've talked about removing the --disable-many-domains configuration option at some point. Can your patch work with that configuration?

I really think it'd be good to run this idea by Matt Brookings (lead developer of vpopmail) on the vpopmail list. He may have some good thoughts about it. Heck, he also might have already included it in the 5.5.x branch, which is well on its way to becoming stable. ;)

Thanks for your work on this Bharath.