On Monday 13 February 2012 07:26 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:

I don't have a problem with your changes so long as they can be included as a patch file. I have a few questions though.
Yes. The changes are via patches to two files vmysql.c and vmysql.h. I will give you a patch file once I am satisfied with the changes and have tested them some more.

.) which version are you using? There is a 5.4.33 version at http://qmailtoaster.com/testing/, and I'd like to have any changes put in that or a subsequent version. We're presently a good bit behind the upstream release, and we should get caught up before doing any patching.
Patches work with both the 5.4.17 and 5.4.33 versions. Downloaded and patched the toaster source rpm for the 5.4.33 version today and checked it. I agree that we need to catch up with the upstream versions and patch accordingly. I'll take a look at the changelog for the 5.5.x branch too, and see if there are any major changes.

.) we've talked about removing the --disable-many-domains configuration option at some point. Can your patch work with that configuration?
Just to check if we are on the same page - each domain has it's own table - that's the configuration we want to keep - correct ? However, it is possible for me to patch it for both configurations without too much of a bother. I suspect that if we want it included in the stock upstream version, both will need to be maintained.

I really think it'd be good to run this idea by Matt Brookings (lead developer of vpopmail) on the vpopmail list. He may have some good thoughts about it. Heck, he also might have already included it in the 5.5.x branch, which is well on its way to becoming stable. ;)

I'll finish up, and then bounce these changes off Matt and others on the vchkpw list. If it's already included in the 5.5.x branch, then that's great. However, I'll continue to work on it - keeps the fingers nimble :)
Thanks for your work on this Bharath.

Welcome. Helping myself, that's all :)

Bharath