Thanks, Wicus.

Sorry to hear about this person's back. I'll pray for recovery.

In the meantime, has the person used webmail at all? Just wondering.

Thanks again.

On 02/17/2014 12:12 AM, Wicus Roets wrote:
Quick update on this scenario.

The user's email account that got compromised has been in the hospital for
the last two weeks for a back operation.

His account is only configured on his desktop machine of which the machine
has not been switched on.

A thorough malware/virus scan on all machines within the network is
currently be performed.

Will advise should we pick up anything.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Shubert [mailto:e...@shubes.net]
Sent: 17 February 2014 04:50 AM
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Subject: [qmailtoaster] Re: Spamming via valid vpopmail account

On 02/16/2014 02:59 PM, Dan McAllister wrote:
Again, the CORRECT use of port 25 is SOLELY for the receipt of inbound
messages for the local server. Users (who authenticate) should be
using ports 587 or 465 -- which, after they authenticate, will allow
them to relay to other servers.

I agree with this. Although it technically goes against RFCs, RFCs don't
always represent best practices.

QMT will have support for port 465 in its stock configuration at some point.
I won't say exactly when (probably COS7), but it will happen.