Strange, I have an opposite opinion on the most of catch-all and delete usage I'm reading here in this thread.

Personally, and as provider of email business, I consider catch-all account useful only when you have a new domain, and customer does not know which mailboxes were running. So you set up a catchall account and start creating all necessary accounts, and stop catch-all when the most of accounts are created.

About deleting all email for not existing users, I consider it a bad service to customers, as they have legitimate raports with business partners, and if someone writes to the wrong address it is correct and ethical to report them back that address is wrong, so they can use another way to contact the recipient, instead of waiting for never coming reply messages. More, the abuse of deletion and missing respect for RFC forces users to ask always for delivery and read receipt, incrementing the volume of useless emails.

About signing headers with authenticating sender address, is a must because it makes senders responsable for what they are sending, and the most of our business customers wants their domain to be used only for legitimate emails,

Of course other opinions may be based on different needs, but I think respect of RFC should always be at first place, otherwise people will look soon for other stable and reliable message delivery methods.

Something I think often about: as email providers, we should look like real postmen: we cannot read (intentionally I mean), lose, damage others emails. Virus and SPAM must be fought, and apart real viruses and real spam all the remaining MUST be delivered. Any not valid damage or loss could be legally pursued.

Regards,

Tonino