On 07/17/2014 01:32 PM, Eric Broch wrote:
I have a query into the dovecot user's group concerning the
implementation of 'any' spam filter, including DSPAM, in the dovecot-lda
process as their site does not make it obvious to me how to do it.

There's a plugin for that. I mentioned it either here or on the devel
list recently. I think it's called anti-spam.

I've found a source for Maildrop (standalone) in the event it is no
longer supported by QMT and in the interim:

1) wget
http://dl.atrpms.net/el6-i386/atrpms/stable/atrpms-repo-6-7.el6.i686.rpm
2) rpm -Uvh atrpms*.rpm
3) yum install maildrop

I don't have a problem keeping maildrop around. It's rather large for what it does, but so what? Even after it's no longer a part of the stock QMT (if indeed that ever happens), I imagine that it will remain in the repos in a deprecated state.

I've thought about wading into the DSPAM code myself as it has worked so
well for me, and still is.

If we have someone (or two) who wants to maintain the sources, I wouldn't be adverse to include it in the QMT 'family' of software.

Thanks!