Hi,

I've been watching closely the developments with respect to the missing
site personnel for Qmailtoaster. I keep copies of all regular list
meesages from the toaster list for reference as needed and have gotten
involved in the list from time to time, dating back to 2009. At one point
I even offered Shubes to make a regular donation, but he was never able to
identify how I could do that.

I've got several qmail servers installed for my small business clients,
and upgraded most of them late last year, when everything was still
working. However, even then I was noting that everything was looking
pretty old. I've been working with Qmail for over a decade, having come
over to Qmailtoaster from Qmailrocks long ago. I have tended to pop in and
out of paying attention over time, as all seemed to generally be under
control. And, I just don't have issues with the toaster at all, so I get
busy with other matters. But, these latest events are troublesome.

At this point, in terms of where Eric Shubert is, has anyone been able to
get in touch with him? This project, IMO, is too valuable to let fade.
And,
I'm willing to help out in any way I can. I do note that Vickers
Consulting Group appears to be fully closed at this point, Jake having
pursued setting up a photography business: http://jakev.com? Is there a
way to get through to anyone so that full control of this project can be
transferred into appropriate, capable hands?

I'm not on the Qmail-devel list, where I suspect more is happening
concerning this. Again, am willing to help out here.

Again, very concerned. Please advise. And, how do I get on the devel list?

Thanks,
Tim Pleiman
--
Tim Pleiman
http://support.bravosystemstech.net
On Thu, September 17, 2015 3:36 pm, Dan McAllister wrote:
> NOTE: I have not only sent emails, but I have also called on the
> telephone to speak to Eric -- all to no avail.
>
> As hesitant as I am to "steal" a project from anyone, I am prepared to
> move on redirecting the DNS to other servers that can be more actively
> maintained. (Remember, I have control of the DNS servers -- at least as
> defined at the registrar. So, so long as the entries at the registrar
> still point to my servers, we have significant control over the domain).
>
> However, I think a more appropriate location to hold this discussion
> would be the qmailtoaster-devel list (which I have copied).
>
> If you are on the qmailtoaster-devel mail list, please continue the
> discussion there.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan McAllister
> IT4SOHO
> QMT DNS/Mirror Admin
>

> On 9/17/2015 10:23 AM, Edwin C wrote:
>>
>> In the spirit of volunteering, i can provide a vps to the community.
>> I have hosting skills.
>>
>> I also do wordpress websites via my company www.filipinowebservices.com
>>
>> Let me know how i can help.
>>
>> On Sep 17, 2015 13:32, "L.A." <pc...@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Same here.
>> Making copy of centos6 for local use now :(
>> Looks like we need at least two leaders with all access, that will not
>> disappear simultaneously.
>> 10.09.2015, 01:32, "Havrla" <hav...@lhotkanet.cz>:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I'm sorry my English is not good.
>>>
>>> I have QMT since 2003, actually 2015 - 2003 = 12 years. That's a long
>>> time.
>>>
>>> I would be very unhappy if the project did not continue
>>>
>>> Website of the project seem dead. the only living thing is
>>> email-list. I was so unhappy after new information on the
>>> continuation and CentOS7, so I volunteered email-list. Information
>>> gained and QMT on CentOS7 comfortably installed, without compiling,
>>> without complications. I configured a přemigroval old QMT. It works.
>>> I'm happy.
>>> Plenty of other administrators would be happy if the project and
>>> website relaunched and updated.
>>>
>>> I can provide mirror web hosting for the web. I fear the end of QMT
>>> several years, so I have a backup
>>> http://www.lhotkanet.cz/mirror/www.qmailtoaster.com/
>>>
>>> Good luck finding Eric "Shubes", please choose a successor to
>>> continue the project. I do not end up project.
>>>
>>> History "authors" from website QMT:
>>> 2003 - first Miguel Beccari <mailto:miguel.becc...@clikka.com> - web
>>> live
>>> 2004 - Miguel Beccari <mailto:miguel.becc...@clikka.com> and Nick
>>> Hemmesch <mailto:n...@ndhsoft.com>  - web live
>>> 2005 - Nick Hemmesch - web live <mailto:n...@ndhsoft.com>
>>> 2006 - Nick Hemmesch - web live <mailto:n...@ndhsoft.com>
>>> 2007 - Nick Hemmesch - web live <mailto:n...@qmailtoaster.com>
>>> 2008 - Erik A. Espinoza - web live <mailto:espinoza-qt...@kabewm.com>
>>> 2009 - xxx xxxx - no info
>>> 2010 - Jake Vickers - web live
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20100102231136/http://qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>
>>> 2011 - Jake Vickers - web live
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20100102231136/http://qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>
>>> 2012 - Jake Vickers
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20121012123212/http://qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>
>>> - web last update *09/18/2012* - Updated clamav to 0.97.6
>>> 2013 - Jake Vickers  -
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20131027205025/http://www.qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>web
>>> frozen
>>> 2014 - Jake Vickers -
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20131027205025/http://www.qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>web
>>> frozen
>>> 2015 - Jake Vickers -
>>> <https://web.archive.org/web/20131027205025/http://www.qmailtoaster.com/Contact_Me.html>web
>>> frozen
>>> 2016 -> ??? Eric Broch & Dan McAllister ???  web live ??   please
>>> please ....
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Havrla from Czech Republic

Tim Pleiman
http://support.bravosystemstech.net
Bravo Systems Technologies
"Advanced Open Source Solutions for Business"
Chicago, IL USA

**No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.