From: Randall Gellens [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 2:58 PM
To: Saxon Jones; QPopper Mailing List
Subject: Re: QPOPPER3 and QPOPPER4

At 12:50 PM -0600 10/15/01, Saxon Jones wrote:
>I'm just wondering if there's any possible problem with running both
>QPOPPER3 and QPOPPER4 at the same time (but on different ports)?  We've
been
>having some strange behavior, resulting in corrupted mailboxes, and so we
>reverted our web-mail to QPOPPER3.  While this solved the problem of the
>corrupted mailboxes, I'm suspicious that some recent slow-downs of the mail
>server have been due to this.

I can't see why having both versions running would cause any
problems, especially corrupted mailboxes.  (Running a newer version
on an alternate port is a common way to try out an update before
committing to it.)

If you are going to pick one version, I'd suggest 4 instead of 3.

If you're pretty sure that the mailbox corruption happens as a result
of running both, can you try and get a debug trace of it happening?