At 12:20 PM -1000 10/15/01, Clifton Royston wrote:
>   I asked some questions a while back about whether qpopper server mode
>was compatible with running an IMAP daemon, and didn't get an answer.

Server mode assumes that the spool is only accessed by Qpopper and a
local delivery agent (which only appends to it).  If any other
process accesses the spool, server mode must not be used.  So, IMAP
access is incompatible with server mode.

There was a suggestion some months ago to have an option in Qpopper
to keep the spool locked for the duration of the session.  That would
permit other processes which may access the spool (such as an IMAP
daemon) to run with Qpopper.