On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 02:14:44PM -0600, Tim Tyler wrote:
> Clifton, Alan,
>   Ok, perhaps moving to server mode is a good idea.  I have a couple
> questions:
>   1. What is the consequence of elm and popping at the same time?  How easy
> is it to repair? -note: I agree that it is probably rare that it would
> happen simultaneously, but I am sure it eventually will.

  Bad in server mode; it must be guaranteed to never happen; that's why
I don't ever enable server mode for users who have a real shell.

>   2. I presume that in server mode there is no temp file any more.  How does
> one keep track of the last time a user popped?  This is important for me in
> finding stagnant accounts.

  It still uses the temp file when necessary, but that seems to be only
10-20% of sessions.

  Yes, it's an important feature for our tech support too, and
incorporated into some of the status scripts they use.  If you enable
the keep-temp-drop parameter, qpopper will keep the temp files around
so you can check their date.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   WWJD?   "JWRTFM!" - Scott Dorsey (kludge)   "JWG" - Eddie Aikau