At 7:30 PM +0000 3/9/06, Hugh Sasse wrote:

 On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Kelson wrote:

  > We put the following in our qpopper.config:
        set spool-options = true

 Which seems to be the same as putting -U in the inetd.conf file...

 Then we set up .username.qpopper-options files in our spool directory
 containing:
        set server-mode = true
 And can I add
         set fast-update = true
 on a per user basis?

Yes, you can set fast-update on a per-user basis.

By the way, you can go either way: make the default to have these options off, and turn them on for individual users, or, make the default on, and turn them off for specific users. The latter might be less work if it only affects a small number of users. You can also put those users with shell access into their own group, and disable server mode for users in that group. Then you can make server mode and fast-update globally on.

 Also, if I ./configure with --enable-cache-dir (which, I think I
 don't need to write as --enable-cachedir=/var/mail because of the
 default - is that right?)  then will it only come into play for
 users in server mode?

You don't need to use this unless you want to change the cache directory or cache name (and even then you could use the configuration file to change it at run time).

The default is to use cache files when in server mode.

By the way, you may want to change the cache directory in order to put them on a different disk.

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------