On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Kelson wrote:

> We have a similar problem where we couldn't turn server mode on for
> everyone because some people use webmail and others use POP.

What webmail client do you use?

AFAIK Squirrelmail (the most popular) uses IMAP, so as long as the
locking systems are compatible you can enable server mode.

> The server used to have major I/O delays whenever one of these users
> connected.  After I set this up for just 5 accounts, the problem cleared
> up completely.

Making sure such users get _long_ delays when they leave huge amounts of
mail on the server gives them an incentive not to do it....

--
      If a person, or organisation, starts to play on your fears
      it may be that person or organisation that you should fear.