Charlie Brady wrote:
Addresses without <> are not valid SMTP.

Yep - the angles are mandatory.

RFC2821:

4.1.2 Command Argument Syntax

  The syntax of the argument fields of the above commands (using the
  syntax specified in [8] where applicable) is given below.  Some of
  the productions given below are used only in conjunction with source
  routes as described in appendix C.  Terminals not defined in this
  document, such as ALPHA, DIGIT, SP, CR, LF, CRLF, are as defined in
  the "core" syntax [8 (section 6)] or in the message format syntax
  [32].

     Reverse-path = Path
     Forward-path = Path
     Path = "<" [ A-d-l ":" ] Mailbox ">"

And RFC821:

      <reverse-path> ::= <path>

           <forward-path> ::= <path>

           <path> ::= "<" [ <a-d-l> ":" ] <mailbox> ">"

We (SME Server) have been running with Peter Holtzer's RPMs which apply a patch to enforce angles.

Thanks,

Gordon

--
Gordon Rowell [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.gormand.com.au
Gormand Pty Ltd  PO Box 239 St Pauls NSW 2031 Australia