Robert Spier wrote:
[...]
Sure, but sendmail has accepted addresses without <> forever.  I guess
the real question is what does qmail do?  (Since that's out reference
implementation)
qmail-smtpd accepts without angles (see addrparse and the comment therein).

qmail-remote always sends with angles.

I have yet to see a legitimate mail rejected.

Thanks,

Gordon

--
Gordon Rowell [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.gormand.com.au
Gormand Pty Ltd  PO Box 239 St Pauls NSW 2031 Australia