On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 05:22:43PM -0700, Michael Papet wrote:
> A. Should I even bother?  I'm not enough of an admin to know if this
> would be a worthwhile endeavor.  This may be exploited by spammers
> already.
You've just rediscovered grey-listing. I however hadn't seen anybody
propose to put the keys over (title, body) before. It's usually (server,
sender) with the DB being kept for many days so that subsequent valid
mails are accepted immediately.

I'm not sure if there's any value in having every new mail from a given
source getting delayed like this, other than annoying users that are
expecting mail to be more instant.

> B. Do more experienced admins have some advice on timestamp logic.  A
> total shot in the dark is about an hour between the first send and the
> second accepted send.
Most real mail servers will retry in a couple of minutes for the first
failure.

Here's the retry table for qmail:
http://software.maexotic.de/qmail/times.html

--