On Mon Oct 26, 2009 at 14:30:13 +0100, christ...@herndler.com wrote:

> I've qpsmtpd 0.83 with logterse running without any problems

  OK great!

> /etc/qpsmtpd/logging should contain something like "logging/warn 9"
> rather than logterse.

  Ahh.  This is what I have:

  [/etc/qpsmtpd/plugin_dirs]:
    /usr/local/ms-lite/plugins

  [/etc/qpsmtpd/logging]:
    logging/ffile:0 loglevel LOGCRIT /var/log/qpsmtpd/terse.log
    logging/ffile:1 loglevel LOGINFO /var/log/qpsmtpd/qpsmtpd.log
    # logging/terse  - commented out, as it caused failure to load other plugins

  [/etc/qpsmtpd/plugins]:
    global/system_load load 3
    global/test_recipient
    global/unrecognized_commands
    ..

> Synopsis from logterse plugin:
>
> "This plugin is not a logging replacement, but rather an adjunct to the
>       normal logging plugins or builtin logging functionality.  Specify
> it in  config/plugins not config/logging or you'll get "interesting"
> results."

  Obviously I've gotten this the wrong way round, and this is where my
 problem comes from.

  Thanks for the pointer; and I guess I'll go away and hide now!

Steve