On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Jared Johnson wrote:

That sounds like a pretty sweet configuration!

[Note if you are running qpsmtpd-async, as we do, it's not really
possible to route DNS queries differently for DNSBLs versus other DNS
queries qpsmtpd does.  ParaDNS doesn't handle paralleled DNS queries to
different servers well.]

when I first mucked around with the uribl plugin (see other threads), I
switched the non-async plugin to use Net::DNS::Async, but as far as I
could tell, N::D::A wasn't truly async, so I left the async plugin using
ParaDNS.  As it turns out, one of my associates since determined a way to
use Net::DNS::Async in a truly async fashion.  We're still using the
prefork daemon, but when we inevitably switch to async I'll probably try
to switch the async to N::D::A.  We also have a consolidated feed so the
multi-feed thing isn't too much of a concern, but N::D::A just seems more
straightforward.  If anyone is interested in switching to N::D::A now,
feel free to ping me and I can get the details on how to use it in a way
that doesn't break the true async plugin... I'm also curious if anyone
knows of reasons why this switch would not be such a good idea ;)

I have an XS version of ParaDNS too, which may be useful to people. It's in the ParaDNS subversion repository. We use it at work and it seems stable now.

However I'm unlikely to maintain much on Qpsmtpd now that Haraka has taken off.

Matt.