Honestly, for anything other than a toy project you're going to have a lot
of sources/headers anyway and there's not a whole lot you can do in a folder
view/source file view.  (I use open documents...which is useful for decent
sized projects).

I strictly use Ctrl+K to find/open files in the editor as it's super fast
and autocomplete is great.  Plus, I don't have to take my hands off the
keyboard.  Also, you can jump easily to specific methods regardless of
file...beats the hell out of navigating a file tree.  Try using it this way
for a few days, and if you don't like it, I'll give you a refund;)

(If I don't know where I'm going, I use Ctrl+shift+F to do multifile
search.)

--James