On 5 Oct 2009, at 15:47, Will Stokes wrote:

> Just tried the latest snapshot after reading the blog posting. Qt
> Creator is looking awesome. If a few basic issues I'm having with the
> editor UI could be addressed I would switch from XCode in a heartbeat.

Greets from another XCode refugee!

> -I like the checkable item for turning off "generated files" from the
> file listing on the left. I'd like a similar checkable option for
> showing/hiding project related files (.pro and .pri files) since 99%
> of the time I'm working with the files I have, not editing the
> project. By minimizing the clutter in the file listing it'll be easier
> to scroll around on smaller (aka laptop) screens.

I've asked for this before, for the exact same reasons. The consensus
from Nokia seems to be that since you may want to edit the .pri files
once-in-a-blue-moon, they should not be hidden.

> -I've setup a project where my main .pro file includes a slew of pri
> files, one in each subdirectory. If subdirectories are within
> subdirectories I have a pri file in each directory and each .pri files
> indluces the next. QtCreator supports this, but annoyingly names the
> directories "files" since all my .pri files are called " files.pri.
> This is stupid. The file listing should use the name of the directory
> the .pri file is within. Or perhaps that should be an option, since I
> suppose it would be possible ot have multiple pri files within a
> single directory. Alternatively: when using directory mode, make it
> work like project mode and having expandable nodes, not just one
> directory at a top with .. and .svn entries at the top.

Not sure about this. While are all your .pri files name 'files'?

> -Instead of having "sources" and "headers" sections repeated over and
> over in the file listing, a single combo box at the top and support
> for using F4 to switch between the header and source file listings
> would be super and would also reduce a lot of clutter.

Good idea. Still the best solution is virtual folders which Nokia is
reluctant to implement.