I didn't realise Creator require Carbide to run the emualtor.  At least now
I have a "Symbian Emulator" target.  thank you for the help on that.  Now I
get an error when building the project, related to the Meta Object creation
files I think.  myFile.cpp contains the Q_OBJECT macro since it contains
signals and slots.  This seems to be causing a problem:

":: error: [myFile.cpp] Error -1073741515"

regarding the Nokia SDK, a colleague is currently trying that out, however
they have run into problems:

1. (Known bug) To uninstal the SDK the Nokia server is contacted, and that
can't be done through our firewall. So we were unable to uninstall it.

2. (Known bug) You update the SDK through the firewall.

3. The following code causes an error in Creator. The troublesome source
code is simply:

/****************/
import Qt 4.7
import org.webkit 1.0
/****************/

And the exact error is:

/****************/
Starting D:\qt\projects\qml\locator-
build\debug\locator.exe...
qrc:mainwindow.qml:2:1: module "org.webkit" is not installed
/****************/

My colleague has attmepted two different configurations:

1. Nokia Qt SDK beta, targeting the Symbian simulator
2. Qt 4.7 beta, targeting Windows

Both using Qt Creator 2.0 beta (though it’s reported as 1.3.83) and both
installed using the binaries.

The only real problem is point 3, since if the webkit error wasn't present,
there would be no need to uninstall it.

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Eike Ziller <eike.zil...@nokia.com> wrote:

> On May 11, 2010, at 2:59 PM, ext Eike Ziller wrote:
>

> > On May 11, 2010, at 2:37 PM, ext Jack Wootton wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Eike Ziller <eike.zil...@nokia.com>
> wrote:

> Version" isn't listing all the Qt installations listed under "Tools >
> Options > Qt4".

> set. One such setting is the Qt Version to use when building.  The only Qt
> Versions listed are Qt installations where the helper library is built. At
> least it seems that way.
> >>
> >> It lists the Qt Versions that match the Target architecture of the
> target you have selected (probably "Desktop" ?).
> >> If you have Qt Versions installed (and known to Qt Creator) that make it
> possible to develop for multiple targets, your Projects mode should have
> tabs "Targets", "Editor Settings" and "Dependencies".
> >>
> >> Ok, that makes sense.  I've added a target "Symbian Device" and in this
> scenario the Qt Version which is listed is "Nokia_N97_SDK(Qt 4.7.0).  So
> that means you're correct, and my idea of it being dictated by the debugger
> library faling to build, was definitely wrong.
> >>
> >> However I don't really want to build for a device, I want to build for
> the emulator in the SDK.  So the build process should use abld, but the
> target should be winscw and not armv5.  It seems that when I add a Symbian
> Device as a target, Creator will only build it for armv5.  Does creator even
> know where epoc.exe is or is capable of launching the emulator?
> >
> > 1) You need to point Qt Creator to your Carbide.c++ installation (which
> contains the necessary tool chain). To do that, open
> Tools->Options->Qt->Versions, select the Qt Version and point "Carbide path"
> to the Carbide install.
> >
> > 2) Add a target "Symbian Emulator" to your project
> >

> And to do some advertising for a better world ;)
> What about trying the Nokia Qt SDK beta, with the shiny new Qt Simulator?
> http://www.forum.nokia.com/Tools_Docs_and_Code/Tools/IDEs/Nokia_Qt_SDK/
>
> Best regards,
> Eike
>
> >> Similar to
> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-snapshot/creator-building-running.html#building-for-symbian
> >> If you want to compile for a different target than shown in the tabs on
> the "Targets" page, e.g. Symbian devices, you need to add a target (press +
> next to the "Desktop" tab).

> thought it really was auto-detecting them.
> >>
> >> Define "really auto-detecting" :)
> >>
> >> OK.  Good point.  I assumed (bad I know) that it may have scanned for
> epoc32 or something like that.
>
> --
> Eike Ziller
> Software Engineer
> Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks
>
> Nokia gate5 GmbH
> Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
> Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
> Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori

Regards
Jack