At first I thought this was a silly request given that Creator is already
fairly lightweight but now that I've thought about it, a standalone text
editor would be really useful. I often have to edit .pro files outside of
creator when setting up projects and for that I use Notepad or TextEdit.

TextMate is a very heavy-weight product. Ideally this Creator 'Lite' would
just be a text editor with syntax highlighting (it doesn't really need
auto-completion). Most importantly, it must launch really fast. The recent
releases of Creator have started to become rather sluggish on startup;
VisualStudio 2008 actually launches faster on my machine now than Creator
which isn't good.