On 08/19/2010 04:59 AM, Niels Weber wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 18.08.2010, 14:38 +0200 schrieb ext dhk:
>> When I build the quickstart example I get a QSystemInfo error saying
>> it's not found.  What is missing or not configured correctly?
>>
>> Under Options->Qt4 I have Auto-detect Qt in PATH.  In my Path I put
>> ~/NokiaQtSDK/QtCreator/bin .
>>
>> I'm using the Nokia_Qt_SDK_Lin64_online_v1_0_en package on a Gentoo
>> linux amd64 box.
>
> Are you trying to build for the Simulator?
>
> Niels

I'm not quite sure what you mean by building for the simulator, but I
probably am.  I'm new to mobile applications.  So far I have installed
the Nokia SDK and started on the tutorials and Quickstart.  I don't have
any devices hooked up yet.

I started with the "Battery Indicator Project" at
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2.0/creator-mobile-example.html which
seems nice and simple; however, I got the QSystemInfo not found error.
The I tried the "Quickstart Example" at
http://doc.qt.nokia.co/qtmobility-1.0/quickstart.html which seems even
simpler and still got the same QSystemInfo error.

So far my understanding you write and build the application for the
device and then run it with the simulator.  I'm not getting past the
build part.

For the "Quickstart Example" I'm using the command line and for the
"Battery Indicator Project" I'm using:
Qt Creator 2.0.0
Based on Qt 4.7.0 (64 bit)
Built on Jul 21 2010 at 13:48:52