If the objective was educational I don't see why do you have to use the
latest possible versions. Just pick the last QT SDK with everything
integrated and be happy.

The only justification I see to use new and still unfinished releases of a
library or tool is the need for some feature or fix that is only available
in the newer release, otherwise it is just a way to guarantee that you
will have unnecessary headaches.