> Is there any way to  integrate SVGs  with QML, in that you can bridge
> into the artwork via id or object name and thus use SVG as templates and
> artwork?

The only support for SVG in QML is that it will load a static SVG image
(rendering it once unless you modify the Image sourceSize dynamically).

The reason for this is that SVG is far too slow on devices, at least as
currently bound in Qt (it goes via QPainter, for example).

For example, an SVG consisting of just 3 ellipses is more than 10 times slower
to render than painting a pixmap. We can't see that it is reasonable to trade
such performance penalty for any visual appeal that SVG could bring over static
pixmaps.

It seems that SVG is fine as a source image format, but not really practical on
devices as the runtime format.

> A  slightly easier, but not as awesome step would have a XML->QML
> converter...
> Are there any plans along these lines?

None that I'm aware of.

--