> I've used border images before with regular qt. I was hoping for
> something much more structured that could refer to inner elements for
> manipulation and animation. Doing things like adding gloss is way
> easier in SVG.

Sure, and that's what you should be doing.... in your image editor.

Then save as as few PNGs as possible (preferably one) and compose.

QML is about high performance beautiful graphics, leaving the
easy-way-to-make-an-image problem to Photoshop, Gimp, and Inkscape.

For animation... well, that's also what QML does natively. Feel free to write
an SVG-to-minimal-QML-and-images converter!

--
Warwick