On 11/25/2010 12:48 PM, ext Attila Csipa wrote:
 > [...]
> I never said it would have to be an executable (I do agree it should not
> be a
> sis/deb/rpm replacement) - neither are the .h and .py files generated
> with rcc
> and pyrcc respectively. In its simplest form, it's just an aggregator
> for files
> so you would not have to care about drives, directory layouts, allowed
> filenames, case sensitivity filesystem fragmentation/overhead, etc, etc.
> The original question was - do we really need complete crossplatform
> toolchains just to be able to make/alter/use a bundled resource file ?

Well, if you have latest QtCreator 2.1 snapshot you should give the
skeleton code generated by the "Qt Quick Application" wizard a try. If
you base your project on this, you can just click 'Run' ... and it will
automatically build e.g. a .sis file with all your .qml/.js files +
executable, deploy it to the device, install & run it. You need a
working toolchain, but that's also easy to get with the Nokia Qt SDK.
What's the use case of a new format then?

Kai

PS: No offense intended, I'm really curious about this.

--
Kai Koehne
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori