Yea I was taught this too but I was taught these generals and his troops were heroes and awarded medals of honor for this slaughter.
It was taught from the government side not the natives.

Mark

-------Original Message-------

Date: Monday, September 20, 2004 14:55:55
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] shhhhhh, be vewwwy quiet

All this was taught in every school i went to , plus many movies and books.......not only the slaughter of native americans but the american buffalo and beaver were slaughtered to near extintion. I saw a documentary were as many as 20,000 buffalo would be killed at one time., mostly just for the tongues and horns....many left the meat and hides causing a stench for miles.