Wasn't this the biggest turn out in history for voting?  I'm pretty sure I saw that one one the news. I could be wrong but it was something like 60 or 61 percent and in the past it was below 50%.  I am not sure exactly on the numbers, but I am pretty confident in saying that this was the biggest turn out so yea, ok Bush had more people vote for him than anyone else in history.
Stacy

"People who hate you do not win unless you hate them. Then you destroy yourself"
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim Lubin
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] election

Oh Tod, with a few minutes of research, I am happy to report that dubious honor goes to Bill Clinton in 1992.

1992
William J. Clinton - 44,909,889
George H. Bush - 39,104,545
H. Ross Perot - 19,742,267
Votes against Clinton 58,846,812
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781450.html

2004 (Updated 11/5/2004 7:10 AM)
George W Bush - 59,645,158 (and still counting)
John F Kerry - 56,149,771
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/president.htm

More people voted against Clinton than voted For Kerry!