Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Question for Quad Women

Brian,

That's my problem, I am "blessed" with LOOOOOOOOng legs and in order to
fit this chair they had to position the seat back in a bucket style.
Foot rests are as low as they can go, can't get a taller chair because
of my van (no topper on it).  If the seat is dumped then my neck and
shoulders go out as I slouch forward.  My thighs were touching the
cushion when the seat was dumped, BUT knees still splayed.  I think it
has to do with the position my feet are in as well as nothing pushing
my thighs or hips in on the side of the chair.  I jus tmight go the
velcro route as W suggests.  The foot plate is one piece in the power
chair and my manual has two and I position my feet in the flexed
position on the foot rest.  Arghhhhhh, walkies don't seem to get the
importance of this.

River