From: Eric Olson
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] D-Mannose

How much mannose are you taking?

Corie Jones wrote:
I thought I've read past posts from a couple of people who have tried this for their UTI's?  I've been using it for five days and so far it hasn't helped.  I was wondering for those who have tried it, how long it took to help if it did?  I have been having sediment in my leg bag and pain for a week and have been dealing with the same symptoms on and off for at least six months.  I've had all the tests and everything with my bladder and kidneys look good, no stones.  The last couple of times I've been on an antibiotic, I still have the pain and it didn't clear up the urine.  My doctor (urologist) does not want to keep giving me antibiotics because he says I will always have bacteria in my bladder from the suprapubic.  So I read about the D-Mannose on the care/cure forum and bought some at the health food store.  So anyone who has tried this natural antibiotic, can you give me your input?  I'm very frustrated!

Thanks, Corie, C5 incomplete, 11.5 years post