I wish I could tell you that I do something brilliant when I'm, depressed. I wish I knew some sure fire solution for when I'm feeling blue. Fact is, I slop through it. I hate it. I would give anything to never be depressed again. They say you can't think of two things at one time. Think about anything else. We are all battling back the big blue dragon of depression with you Bobbie. Doctors can help at times. I'm more at home wallowing in self-pity than I am at waiting in line for electro-shock therapy, so I'm probably not the best  example.
As spring returns I like to roll over to the park with some stale bread and a sombrerro type hat. (damn pigeons)  Then I sit near the new blooms and carefully try to zap the pesky birds with a slice of hard bread. I credit myself bonus points for knocking birds over. I've never actually killed a bird, but I knocked one out for about a minute.
Sometimes I wear dark sunglasses and set a cup on my table. I prime it with a few dollars n change. Then I put on my headphones, and watch people give me money. If I do both in one day, I'm not depressed anymore.
Hope I'm not any harm,
John
P.S. Don't mention the voices in your head or the little people that are trying to control the world if you decide to ask a doctor for help.