Hey Jim,
There's some great info on that sight and I found another link which is extremely helpful to completely understand about all the different stem cells and where they come from I urge everybody to read this it makes great points on both sides of this issue.

Mark

-------Original Message-------

From: Jim Lubin
Date: 05/26/05 12:34:49
Subject: [QUAD-L] stem cell research

I thought this article made some good points
http://www.stemcellnetwork.ca/news/articles.php?id=774
Despite the major medical advance, the research once again highlights difficult moral questions. For those who believe life begins at conception, creating human embryos for research and destroying them in the process is tantamount to murder.
But there is a growing view not only among scientists, but ethicists as well, that these lab-made embryo clones do not actually have the capacity to grow into a viable human.
In fact, David Magnus, director of biomedical ethics at Stanford University, suggested that the South Korean experiments derived its stem cells from clones that might not be considered embryos at all: "There's no reason to think any of these things can ever become a human being," he said. No one knows whether the clones can develop into humans because, so far, none have been allowed to grow beyond a few cells.
Dr. Magnus pointed out that stem-cell research on frozen embryos that were created at fertility clinics -- which Canada allows -- might be considered more ethically challenging, because embryos from that source do develop into full human life.