Hi Paul,
I am a C5/6 incomplete. I do have some triceps now through electric
stimulation.  At first I didn't have any. Do you have inervasion in your
deltoids?

  I have been practicing slide - board transfers since I was able to sit up in
rehab.  Then I still needed assistance, but as a built-up my shoulders I needed
less and less help.  But I have heard of 5/6's becoming independent with a
sideboard.

  I remember in rehab doing different exercises to build deltoids, there was
one piece of equipment called a rick shaw, where you back in with a wheelchair
and pushed down to lift weights behind you?  If that makes sense.

  I'm still not completely independent, I still need a spotter and have been
practicing with my physical therapists, using my leg straps, and have been
about 50% successful at not needing any help.  All of this sure beats using a
lift.

Good luck, JT