I'm not sure, but I think LittleQuad is talking about transfers from the front, instead of the side. Is that right LittleQuad? I'm like you Brien, and do my transfer to the bed from the side. Which means no need to remove footrests. However, to transfer to toilet and bathtub, I do my transfer frontwise, so I have to remove footrests for those.

Win C7-T1