I hope nobody gets the idea that I'm a republican, but What would mankind do to combat global warming? Mt pinatubo belched out more greenhouse gasses in 3 weeks than mankind could create in 200 years. Methane pockets under the north sea rupture regularly from volcanic activity and a small release is more than man can create in a thousand years.

The real truth is that these temperate years that we have enjoyed over the past couple centuries are abnormal, not normal. We have tried to calculate solar magnetosheric cycles over the past 40 years only to learn our data is in total error. A few big solar sun spots can alter the average temerature of the earth for many years in the future. All in spite of the global gas content.