I agree with Dan, an overhead is the best to get. I have the Portable Voyager Lift with the Easy Track Three Post System. We use it to transfer between my chair and bed. Since the lift itself is light weight and portable you can put the tracks where you want them and just move the lift from room to room. My mom uses it by herself to transfer me. We could do the Hoyer lift with one person.

http://www.planetmobility.com/store/paitentlifts/bhm/

I was able to get the state (WA) to pay for mine. It took about 8 months but they did finally pay for it.