  From: Maria
  To: Raúl Rebollo ; quad-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 8:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] post to quad list

  Hey Everybody -- thanks for the welcome.

  I am 42 years old and a C5/6 complete quadriplegic due to a car accident in a
wind storm.  In December of 2000, the top part of a tree broke off and fell on
our minivan while we were driving about 35 or 40 miles an hour on a back road.
Wrong place at the wrong time.  My husband and I both broke our necks and had
surgery to get them fused.  There was more damage to my side of the van, which
left me a quadriplegic.  My husband fortunately did not have any permanent
damage.  I have movement of my arms, but no finger movement.

  We are in the midst of training our three-month old AKC yellow lab, which we
got when she was seven weeks old.  My husband is doing a great job with her.
She was the youngest and most mellowest of the whole litter and should be
around 60 pounds or so full-grown.  Everyone that knows Labs says that she is
not a lab because she is so mellow.  She is potty trained and sleeps in a
kennel during the night.  Has anyone out there trained their dogs to do things
for them?  I still need to find a way to be able to give her treats.  Any
suggestions?

  Nice to Be on Board -- :-)
  Maria