My first service dog came from the CCI  organization.  So, I thought no
problem to train a second if I treat my new Golden as a service dog then she
will become one.

Three years post the first passing away, I bought a healthy one year old.  I
had it half right but no getting around consistent daily work.  Once after a
year of work she continued to poop in Wal-Mart.  I wanted to cry, in fact I
did.  After an extended vacation for her while I was hospitalized, she just
forgot about pooping only in that store.  I took this as communication and
listened to her.  I changed and realized that I was too hard with little
joy.

She became a very good dog.  Not the class act but a very good dog.  See
your local animal shelter on how to certify if interested with $25.00  I was
right that you need to remember she is a working dog which means no contact
with so many people.  Plus side is you are never alone.  This gets so old in
short time but if a service dog is what you want, then you must deny others
that touch folks find irresistible.  Most people ask and some think you are
there for them.  Best is to say the dog is working and it is not a good idea
to interact at this time.  You have a good breed on one side.  The down side
is seems no one can resist letting you go by.  On the other side the dog
needs socializing on your terms.

There is much to be said about clicker training.  Consistency and
exclusiveness are primary.  A dog only needs to develop as far as you take
it, or should I say will only.  Basic obeisance is the first stage, along
with holding control regardless of the public, cats, or dogs.

Merrill

Use e-collar ONLY when desperate

  _____