From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:27 AM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [QUAD-L] Wheelchair Monologue

Dana

Are you serious or sarcastic?  I never can tell with emails.  I don't like
the fact that some disabled people bitch to get what they want.  In my eyes,
our government (made up of citizens not unlike ourselves) does not help keep
us alive so that we can nag till we get what we want.  Yes I am disabled in
a wheelchair, but my grandpa can't slam dunk a basket ball.  He needs to
gripe until he gets an accessible basket ball goal.

My point is we are all disabled in some way and getting angry does not make
people want to compassionately help, which is where the "ADA" regulations
are misused by people who are rude, pissy, and/or ass holes and still get
what they want because it is mandated by the government.  Whatever happened
to people being polite when asking for help?  If I don't want to help
someone though I shouldn't be forced to [not that I personally wouldn't want
to help].

MISGUIDED MENTALITY:
"This store doesn't have a ramp for me.  Well I know what I'll do.  I'll sue
their asses off until the ramp appears."

I've always had good manners and I've always had someone to help (Gee I
wonder...these two things might be related)

Luke c-5/6 incomplete 7 1/2 yrs post