I am serious, I don't ever try to be sarcastic that I know.  I was
commending your attitude .
Dana
How all had a very In a message dated  4/29/2008 1:36:31 P.M. Central
Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

The ADA only exists if WE  enforce violations.  From curb cut always to
Service Dog violations, know  this act as well as your name, then take it on
yourself to know what you can  do.  It feels good making a change.  I suspect
most
disabled folks  have never read it much less file a complaint.
Merrill

____________________________________

From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:27  AM
To:  quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject:  Re: [QUAD-L] Wheelchair Monologue
Dana

Are you serious or  sarcastic?  I never can tell with emails.  I don't like
the fact  that some disabled people bitch to get what they want.  In my eyes,
our  government (made up of citizens not unlike ourselves) does not help keep
us  alive so that we can nag till we get what we want.  Yes I am disabled in  a
wheelchair, but my grandpa can't slam dunk a basket ball.  He needs to  gripe
until he gets an accessible basket ball goal.

My point is we are  all disabled in some way and getting angry does not make
people want to  compassionately help, which is where the "ADA" regulations are
misused by  people who are rude, pissy, and/or ass holes and still get what
they want  because it is mandated by the government.  Whatever happened to
people  being polite when asking for help?  If I don't want to help someone
though I shouldn't be forced to [not that I personally wouldn't want  to help].

MISGUIDED MENTALITY:
"This store doesn't have a  ramp for me.  Well I know what I'll do.  I'll sue
their asses  off until the ramp appears."

I've always had good manners and I've  always had someone to help (Gee I
wonder...these two things might be  related)

Luke c-5/6 incomplete 7 1/2 yrs post